Be the best version of yourself
This week at the Rec Center we are celebrating everyBODY! I made a pact to celebrate my body by eating healthy and getting lots of exercise. When I was little I made a promise to myself to never brake a promise to myself... haha!! So here I am ready and I want you to join me! Use #CEBW to share your goals! More below (:
We have a positive body image when we have a realistic perception of our bodies AND we enjoy them just as they are. Positive body image involves understanding that healthy attractive bodies come in many shapes and sizes, and that physical appearance says very little about our character or value as a person. Healthy body image means that our assessment of our bodies is kept separate from our sense of self-esteem, and it ensures that we don’t spend an unreasonable amount of time worrying about food, weight and calories.
Tips to Improving Body Image
Beauty is not skin deep
- Recognize that beauty is a state of mind, not a state of your body.
Surround yourself with positive people
- Always! The people you surround yourself with have a direct impact on how you feel about yourself. Find people who take you as you are, have fun and support you.
You are a whole person
- Your body is so much greater than the sum of its parts.
Examine your expectations
- Are expectations and genetics consistent? Individualizing your goals is most and important. This is what will end up giving you the most satisfaction in your progress.
CELEBRATE your body
- Dance, run, jump, play, laugh, smile and breathe!
Do nice things for yourself
- Buy a new outfit or pamper yourself and relax.
- No one is perfect!
- To yourself, and everyone else.
(Collab Credit: UA Campus Rec)